Using web3d to assist the building industry at the http://aechackathon.com/aec-hackathon-new-york/
The concept is to build a Wordpress plugin (free and open source) which can be embedded in a post or page. The concept starting point code is hosted in a github repository here: https://github.com/eManagerNYC/3D-Model-Viewer and a demo of the current code can be viewed here: http://model.turneremanager.com/ The current viewer loads a model based off of an exported .JSON which uses the vA3C library/exporters located here: http://va3c.github.io/
We are looking to build a viewer which allows any person on a project site to: - Use WebGL technology to view a model in a browser - any modern web browser - View a model in a quick and efficient way - add a worker.js, use caching, leverage WP_Transients API (http://codex.wordpress.org/Transients_API).
- On top of efficeint viewing, caching practices may also provide an outlet for offline viewing (HTML5 Offline - http://diveintohtml5.info/offline.html).
- Spin and fly through the model with your mouse and use keyboard controls (https://github.com/eManagerNYC/3D-Model-Viewer/issues/3)
- Turn layers on and off if applicable - this will allow users to show only particular parts of a model. For example, if I am a electrical superintendent and want to view just the bus duct risers in a space
- Add the ability to measure. Measuring in 3D is always a challenge, but determining a scale off of a 3d plane and creating a tool to accurately measure in impreial and metric would go a long way.
- Add camera angles from predefined views in the Revit model to provide a meaningful viewpoint for users rather than wasting time navigating using controls
*extra scoring if done in x3dom and webgl
Teams must have at least one team member present at the event
How to enter
Sign up and attend the AEC Hackathon in New York! http://aechackathon.com/aec-hackathon-new-york/
Project must be open source and be built on webgl. Extra judging consideration if project is done in x3dom & webgl