Using web3d to assist the building industry at the http://aechackathon.com/aec-hackathon-new-york/
The concept is to build a Wordpress plugin (free and open source) which can be embedded in a post or page. The concept starting point code is hosted in a github repository here: https://github.com/eManagerNYC/3D-Model-Viewer and a demo of the current code can be viewed here: http://model.turneremanager.com/ The current viewer loads a model based off of an exported .JSON which uses the vA3C library/exporters located here: http://va3c.github.io/
We are looking to build a viewer which allows any person on a project site to: - Use WebGL technology to view a model in a browser - any modern web browser - View a model in a quick and efficient way - add a worker.js, use caching, leverage WP_Transients API (http://codex.wordpress.org/Transients_API).
- On top of efficeint viewing, caching practices may also provide an outlet for offline viewing (HTML5 Offline - http://diveintohtml5.info/offline.html).
- Spin and fly through the model with your mouse and use keyboard controls (https://github.com/eManagerNYC/3D-Model-Viewer/issues/3)
- Turn layers on and off if applicable - this will allow users to show only particular parts of a model. For example, if I am a electrical superintendent and want to view just the bus duct risers in a space
- Add the ability to measure. Measuring in 3D is always a challenge, but determining a scale off of a 3d plane and creating a tool to accurately measure in impreial and metric would go a long way.
- Add camera angles from predefined views in the Revit model to provide a meaningful viewpoint for users rather than wasting time navigating using controls
*extra scoring if done in x3dom and webgl
$500 in prizes
Must be made open source
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Teams must have at least one team member present at the event
How to enter
Sign up and attend the AEC Hackathon in New York! http://aechackathon.com/aec-hackathon-new-york/
Project must be open source and be built on webgl. Extra judging consideration if project is done in x3dom & webgl